Position: Sr. Associate Corporate Counsel
Location: Palo Alto, CA OR Bellevue, WA OR Broomfield, CO
VMware is seeking a highly talented lawyer to join the VMware Legal Department as a Senior Associate Corporate Counsel in the Worldwide Sales Legal Team. The VMware Legal Department is a team of dedicated legal professionals who share a passion and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate every aspect of our fast-growing company. The legal team believes in maintaining the highest standards of business and professional conduct, while providing our clients with innovative and pragmatic advice. If you are looking for a dynamic legal department where you can be a team builder, a team player and a leader, this is the place for you.
This position will report to a Director & Assistant General Counsel in the Worldwide Sales Legal Team. The position will provide transactional support and counselling for the software licensing and services business in a designated region of the United States with a focus on the health care sector, and support day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies of VMware. The position can be located in any city where VMware has an office in the United States.
Conor Cronin, email@example.com
- Advise on risks and liabilities of proposed commercial transactions with a focus on the health care sector, and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives
- Counsel internal clients and interface with customers on significant legal and regulatory issues in the health care industry, including HIPAA, business associate agreements, and data processing agreements
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing, support services, cloud computing, and nondisclosure agreements
- Interface with various groups within VMware to understand key IP, commercial and finance requirements and ensure commercial contract terms comply with corporate directives, policies and procedures
- Act as a fiduciary for the company driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counselling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within the VMware Legal Department on compliance matters
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk
- High volume transactions experience with a health care or software company of similar size and scale to VMware, including experience with licensing and/or services sales agreements
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills experienced at drafting commercial contracts
- Demonstrated capability in creating and negotiating complex legal transactions in addition to typical sales agreements
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Of the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics
Education & Licenses
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school required
- Excellent academic performance
- Member of a State Bar in good standing