Company: BlackRock, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Legal Counsel
Location: New York, NY
Description: BlackRock is seeking a lawyer in NY to be part of the in-house legal team covering trading and derivatives issues for BlackRock funds and accounts. The role will involve coverage of various investment products and business areas. Candidates should have a solid understanding of structured products and structured finance transactions and be able to review and negotiate related documentation such as offering memoranda, indentures, investment management agreements, collateral management agreements, security agreements, and legal opinion letters. In addition, the candidate should be able to review and negotiate ISDAs, complex confirmations relating to IRS, FX, equity, commodity and credit derivatives transactions. The role will also require the candidate to follow applicable regulatory developments affecting investment and trading and to assist with the implementation of new rules and regulations.
Candidates should be able to work effectively within a team environment, but also be self-directed and able to work autonomously.
Key Job Responsibilities:
This position is part of the U.S. legal team responsible for coverage of BlackRock’s trading activity, and will assist with tasks such as:
- Supporting trading in various products, including negotiation of transaction related documentation including offering memoranda, indentures, collateral management agreements and legal opinion letters;
- Supporting trading in various products, including negotiation of standard industry agreements such as ISDAs, CDEAs and Master Confirmation Agreements, as well as analysis and negotiation of confirmations of equity, FX, commodity and credit derivatives transactions;
- Assisting with implementation of applicable rules and regulation; and
- Special projects as required.
- 4 plus years of experience as an attorney with a law firm or in-house at a financial services company
- Experience with financial transaction documentation such as offering memoranda, indentures, investment management agreements, collateral management agreements and related legal opinion letters;
- Experience with industry standard trading agreements such as the ISDA, CDEAs and confirmations for equity, commodity and credit derivatives as well as IRS and FX transactions and other related documentation;
- Excellent organizational, negotiating and inter-personal skills; and
- Solutions oriented, strategic thinker, ability to understand the business needs and partner with the business and control functions.