Position: Vice President & Counsel – Cybersecurity & Technology
Company: Bank of New York Mellon
Location: New York City, Washington, DC or Pittsburgh
Description: BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
This attorney will be part of the IP/IT/Social Media team within BNY Mellon’s Legal Department, focusing on cybersecurity and technology matters.
- Coordinate with legal, regulatory and technology risk management colleagues in various jurisdictions on developments in cybersecurity and information security law and regulatory guidance.
- Participate in trade associations’ activities relating to cybersecurity, including participation in legislative comment periods, coordinating internally on a firm-wide responses and drafting succinct updates to senior stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice to information security team and other stakeholders on various initiatives, many of which may involve global privacy and bank secrecy considerations.
- Support incident response processes and advise on internal and external communications.
- Transactional work such as drafting and negotiating technology contracts and vendor agreements, and acting as SME for information security provisions in vendor and client facing agreements.
- Create client and legal department training materials, eg on CISA, incident response, copyright, etc.
- Perform legal research and coordinate with outside counsel on legal advice, follow up questions, etc.
Contact: Lisa Pinelli, Vice President-Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor/ Legal Affairs, Bank of New York Mellon, Lisa.Pinelli@bnymellon.com,
- Attorney with strong working knowledge of intellectual property, technology and cybersecurity law, ideally in financial services or another critical infrastructure sector.
- Information technology background (e.g. computer science) highly desirable.
- Knowledge of global privacy and bank secrecy law preferred.
- Experience with supporting global projects desirable.
- Must be articulate, organized, able to work in a collaborative manner and comfortable managing multiple matters at the same time involving different legal issues. Appetite for learning is also critical.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred.