Company: Autodesk Inc.
Position: Privacy and Data Security Counsel
Location: San Francisco, CA
Description: Looking for the opportunity to use your legal skills in a career that combines innovative technology and creativity, ultimately helping both creative and engineering types build a better world? If so, meet Autodesk. Learn more about why Autodesk is continually ranked a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor, and others: Top 7 Reasons You Should Work at Autodesk.
Data Privacy and Governance has become an increasingly important topic for global companies. Autodesk is committed to protecting the data and privacy of our global customers and employees.
The Privacy and Data Security Counsel will work closely with the San Francisco based Privacy Legal team, the Autodesk Data Protection Officer, Data Governance Operations and Security teams to implement initiatives necessary for compliance with global privacy and data privacy laws and regulations. The Counsel will develop strategies and initiatives to engage with key stakeholders and raise awareness of data privacy and security compliance and governance across the company.
This position will be based in Autodesk’s San Francisco Office, and report to the Director, Senior Global Privacy and Data Security Counsel.
- Counsel business partners on domestic and international data privacy and security laws, regulations, and industry best practices, particularly related to software and cloud services
- Act as subject matter expert and resource on issues related to privacy, security and data protection
- Partner with members of the legal team, security team, data governance operations, and outside counsel to help ensure Autodesk’s compliance with laws, regulations, and customer contracts
- Assist in developing and maintaining Autodesk’s privacy program, and related policies, procedures, documentation, and communication materials
- Assist in developing training materials, and providing training to employees on privacy and security related obligations
- Provide guidance to legal and product management teams on issues pertaining to new and existing products/features throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Draft and negotiate data protection terms in contracts and disclosures, including Data Protection Addendum, Privacy Policies and Terms of Service
- Review issues related to analytics and big data collection, use and governance
- Conduct due diligence and review privacy and data protection issues related to acquisition and integration activity
- Review issues related to Incident Response, customer security questionnaires and security certifications
- Review data protection impact assessments and other internal privacy and data security assessments
- Respond to communications from Autodesk’s customers and employees regarding their individual rights, and Autodesk’s processing of their personal data
- Collaborate with data governance and business teams to create records of processing
Contact: Please apply online at https://autodesk.taleo.net/careersection/adsk_gen/jobdetail.ftl?job=18WD29816&tz=GMT-07%3A00.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in the area of data privacy, security and data governance
- Expertise in global data protection law, including knowledge of the GDPR and national data protection laws
- Experience with technology, cloud services, marketing and analytics laws and regulations
- Experience working with product teams on PIAs and Privacy by Design
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability and confidence to represent Autodesk in the area of data privacy and security
- Ability to work and lead under pressure unruffled, exhibiting timely and quality decision making
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, capable of quickly gaining the respect of and interacting comfortably with and successfully collaborating with and influencing senior leaders
- Strong work ethic, a self-starter, action-oriented and ensures accountability
- Law degree and CIPP certification
- Law firm experience
- Language skills a plus