Gillian’s primary area of practice is corporate finance and securities. She has represented both issuers and underwriters in public and private debt and equity securities offerings, including offerings of limited partner interests of publicly traded partnerships, also known as MLPs.
In addition to representing both public and private companies in complex mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock dispositions, and venture capital financings, Gillian regularly counsels clients on general corporate matters, including compliance with periodic reporting requirements. She also has significant experience with proxy disclosure issues, corporate governance, executive compensation, and Section 16 reporting obligations.
- GPM Petroleum LP in its initial public offering of common units (In Registration)
- Alon USA in the $464 million acquisition by Delek US Holdings of the outstanding shares of Alon common stock
- TransCanada Corporation in the $915 million merger of Columbia Pipeline Partners and Columbia Pipeline Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of TransCanada
- TC PipeLines in its $765 million acquisition of a 49.3% interest in Iroquois Gas Transmission System and the remaining 11.8% interest in Portland Natural Gas Transmission System from TransCanada
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP in its $1.2 billion initial public offering of common units
- Underwriters to Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common units
- Inergy, L.P. and Inergy Midstream, L.P. in an $8 billion multistep combination transaction with Crestwood Midstream Partners LP and Crestwood Holdings LLC
- Crestwood Midstream Partners in its $750 million acquisition of Arrow Midstream Holdings, a privately-held midstream company in the Bakken shale play
- Legal 500 U.S., Capital Markets: Equity Offerings
- Selected to the Who’s Who in Energy list, Houston Business Journal, 2015
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2013−2017
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2007−2011
- Selected to the BTI Client Service All-Stars list, 2014