- Handles internal investigations for companies, boards and individuals.
- Litigates employment discrimination suits and putative class actions.
- A certified Title IX investigator.
Estela Diaz represents companies and individuals in a variety of criminal and regulatory investigations involving state and federal government authorities. She also has strong experience in conducting internal investigations involving allegations of misconduct against senior executives of public companies and other organizations.
In the employment context, Estela has litigated employment discrimination suits and putative class actions involving wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state law. Estela is a certified Title IX investigator.
Prior to joining Akin Gump Estela served as a trial attorney at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s New York district office, where she litigated individual and class actions involving discrimination and harassment.
- Conducting an independent audit and investigation of workplace culture, and policies and practices related to diversity and inclusion, on behalf of the special committee of the board of a
- Advising the board of trustees of a public university regarding its obligations and fiduciary duties in connection with numerous lawsuits and investigations.
- Conducting numerous Title IX investigations involving complaints against both students and faculty.
- Investigating complaints of sexual harassment and other discrimination allegations at the demand or complaint stage of litigation.