Location: Washington, D.C.
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) is looking for highly motivated law students for its legal internship program. The internship is a great opportunity to gain hands-on legal experience and network with prominent attorneys.
MCCA seeks qualified law students of diverse backgrounds who will support MCCA’s lawyers and staff to advance and promote MCCA’s mission to advance the hiring, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys in legal departments and the law firms that serves them. MCCA believes that the best way to secure a better future for all of us is to empower our diverse legal pipeline with the skills they need to grow in their professional career.
- Conduct various legal research crucial to the day-to-day operation;
- Assist in the initial review of various contracts;
- Assist in the constitutional and copyright review of the Diversity & Bar magazines;
- Assist in planning, organizing, implementation and promotion of conferences, panels, CLE programming, CLE program accreditation, and other MCCA events;
- Provide general assistance to MCCA’s CEO & President and other staff members, which may include assistance with administrative matters, drafting press releases, supporting operations, managing the website, and managing social media outlets.
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently on his/her own initiative;
- Demonstrates follow-through and time management skills with assigned tasks;
- Have excellent research, analytical, writing skills and interpersonal skills;
- Have an interest in issues affecting the diverse legal community; and
- Have excellent computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets & website maintenance)
All students are welcome to apply. The legal internship program applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be created and filled based on MCCA’s specific needs and workload.
The location of the internship program will take place in MCCA’s office in Washington D.C. The legal internship program is unpaid. Interns will need to be able to support themselves in Washington D.C.
To apply, please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, unofficial transcript, writing sample (5 to 10 pages long) and a cover letter (1) explaining your interest in interning for MCCA; (2) what you hope to achieve from this internship; and (3) your proposed start and end dates for the position. Questions and inquires may be directed to email@example.com.