July 12, 2016
Daniel Herrera: (202) 930-6805
MCCA to Host Pathways Conference & Diversity Gala,
Honoring Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder
MSNBC Anchor Richard Liu returns as host of the annual awards that shines a light on champions of diversity in the corporate legal sector
WASHINGTON D.C. – The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) will host its annual Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference in Washington, D.C. on Monday, July 18, 2016. The two-day educational conference offers practical development tools and resources for individual lawyers and organizations with programs focused on global diversity, inclusive leadership and talent optimization. Following the Pathways Conference, MCCA will host its annual Diversity Gala on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
In addition to the educational programming, the Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference will honor legal and corporate leaders who have continued to fight for diversity and inclusion in the legal profession including recipients of the 2016 Paula L. Ettelbrick Award (for advancing lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender attorneys) and the 2016 George B. Vashon Innovator Award (for innovative best practices to assist diverse attorneys).
At the MCCA Diversity Gala, the Honorable Eric Holder, former Attorney General of the United States, will be in attendance to receive the 2016 MCCA Lifetime Achievement Award for his decades-long work supporting diversity initiatives in the public and private sectors. The 2016 MCCA Employer of Choice Awardees, who have shown a strong commitment in creating and preserving diverse and inclusive corporate legal programs and departments, will also be honored. Richard Liu, News Anchor for MSNBC and NBC, will host the Diversity Gala for the second year in a row.
- 2016 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference & MCCA Diversity Gala
- Jean Lee, President & CEO, Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- Hon. Eric Holder, Former U.S. Attorney General, 2016 MCCA Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree
- Richard Lui, MSNBC & NBC News Anchor, Host of 2016 Diversity Gala
- Lisa A. Linsky, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP, 2016 Paula L. Ettelbrick Award Honoree
- 2016 Employer of Choice Award Honorees:
- David G. Leitch, Global General Counsel, Bank of America
- Darryl Bradford, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Exelon Corporation
- Gary H. Pilnick, Vice Chairman, Corporate Development & Chief Legal Officer, Kellogg
- Teresa Wynn Roseborough, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, The Home Depot
- John Schultz, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Recipients of the 2016 George B. Vashon Innovator Award:
- Washington Gas Light Company- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Winston & Strawn – Women’s Initiatives
- National Finalists for the 2016 Thomas L. Sager Award
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- 2016 Creating Pathways to Diversity Gala
Renaissance Washington Hotel
999 Ninth St., NW
Washington, DC 20001
- 2016 MCCA Diversity Gala
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
2700 F St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20566
- Monday, July 18, 2016 – Tuesday, July 19, 2016
- Click here for a schedule of the Pathways Conference & Diversity Gala.
- All media must register with Daniel Herrera via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive conference credentials and media release form
- Please note: no videography or recording devices are allowed at the Kennedy Center premises. Media and photographers will have a designated seat in front.
- All media photographers must fill out the Kennedy Center’s Limited Consent for Still Photography form, found here. The form must be scanned and emailed to Daniel Herrera, email@example.com, no later than 72 hours before July 19, 2016.
About Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA)
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) was founded in 1997 to advocate for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. MCCA furthers its mission through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession. MCCA takes an inclusive approach to the definition of “diversity.” Therefore, its research addresses issues of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and generational differences which impact the legal profession’s workforce.