Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Privacy Program Management, Technology and Compliance
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential Financial, Inc. is a leading U.S. based publicly traded global life insurance and diversified financial services corporation with a world class brand and balance sheet. The company is committed to helping customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services including life insurance, annuities, investments and retirement-related services. We are seeking a Vice President of Privacy Technology and Compliance. This position reports directly to Prudential’s Global Chief Privacy Officer. The Global Privacy Office sits within the Law, Compliance and Business Ethics organization.
The VP, Privacy Technology and Compliance is a key member of the Global Privacy Office and is engaged in the design, implementation and maintenance of the global privacy program in Prudential’s operations. The individual will lead privacy projects, provide consultation around new product development, provide strategy around the collection, use, storage and disposal of customer/employee personal information, and act as a key educational leader for privacy strategy. This role represents the global oversight function (second line of defense) for the Global Privacy Office.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of privacy experience in financial services. The successful candidate may come from another segment of diversified financial services or another control discipline (compliance, legal, regulatory, audit, information security or risk). The successful candidate will bring technical privacy expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters. Additional specific requirements include:
- Ability to align data privacy objectives with security and compliance objectives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong talent leader with experience in development, coaching and motivating staff.
- Proven collaboration competency with a willingness to partner with team members and other business associates at all levels.
- Must be able to translate strategy into action with proven project management and implementation skills and competency in leading execution.
- Comfort with taking intelligent risks with the ability to make and advocate sound judgment recommendations and provide advice grounded in consumer advocacy, practical application of regulatory requirements and sound business practices.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand computer networking concepts and protocols and network security methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, and JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Position involves occasional travel to other Prudential facilities, including international locations.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) a plus