Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, PII Compliance Risk Management
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential International Insurance Compliance provides centralized oversight and governance of compliance programs in all jurisdictions in which PII operates. This position will build, lead, and oversee a compliance risk management program across PII to establish consistent, rigorous, risk assessment and documentation. This role will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the compliance risk management program and its evolution with business growth and risk. Further, the role will oversee the quality of the program to ensure it remains effective at timely risk identification and mitigation.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of Compliance (or related) leadership experience. Both life insurance industry and international experience are required. The successful candidate may come from another segment of diversified financial services or another control discipline (audit or risk). The successful candidate will bring technical compliance expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in compliance risk management as well as the “intercultural agility” to work with multiple and diverse countries and cultures. Additional specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, and JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant financial services or regulatory enforcement experience.
- Exceptional people management and talent development competency.
- A strong bias for simplicity.
- Must be highly collaborative, open-minded and able to work with and influence others without having direct authority.
- Proven track record of process re-engineering, simplification and streamlining.
- Comfortable in ambiguity, self-directed and an agent and advocate for change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills (including cultural awareness) to interact and quickly gain credibility and build collaborative working relationships across multiple geographic regions
- Ability to lead and influence teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and collaborate with individuals across businesses and control functions
- Highly organized and strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Work independently and as a team member
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability to lead and drive change
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)