Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Head of PII Compliance Ops
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential International Insurance (PII) Compliance provides centralized oversight and governance of compliance programs in all jurisdictions in which PII operates. This position will lead a central operations team and oversee all reporting, project management, strategy development, talent initiatives, communications, and corporate projects for PII Compliance globally. The right candidate will establish consistent, rigorous, documentation of PII Compliance strategy to ensure business alignment and proactive compliance support globally. This role will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the compliance function and its evolution with business growth and risk. The role will oversee the talent within the department to ensure ongoing competency development, recognition, and career paths. The role will drive knowledge sharing across the team, team culture, and the best practices across PII.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of Compliance (or related) leadership experience. Both financial services and international experience are required. The successful candidate may come from another segment of diversified financial services or another control discipline (audit or risk). The successful candidate will bring technical compliance expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in compliance risk management as well as the “intercultural agility” to work with multiple and diverse countries and cultures. Additional specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant financial services or regulatory enforcement experience.
- Exceptional people management and talent development competency.
- A strong bias for simplicity.
- Must be highly collaborative, open-minded and able to work with and influence others without having direct authority.
- Proven track record of process re-engineering, simplification and streamlining.
- Comfortable in ambiguity, self-directed and an agent and advocate for change.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills (including cultural awareness) to interact and quickly gain credibility and build collaborative working relationships across multiple geographic regions and control functions
- Ability to lead and influence teams
- Highly organized and strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Work independently and as a team member
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability to lead and drive change
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)