Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Digital Compliance Officer (Int’l Insurance Compliance)
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential’s International Insurance Compliance organization is seeking an experienced digital compliance professional to fill a Vice President, Digital Compliance Officer (DCO) position. The DCO will develop and oversee the Compliance program supporting the Company’s international digital initiatives. The DCO will be responsible for the compliance program and will leverage and partner with the in-country Compliance Officers, Law associates and business partners. The DCO will act as a single point of contact for international digital compliance activities and issues, communicating and collaborating with appropriate parties across the Company. This role requires a cross-functional customer-centric view into Prudential’s business units and digital initiatives. The right candidate will have broad knowledge of financial services, digital regulatory frameworks, technology, and business operations. The business is moving quickly to innovate in an agile environment and the right candidate will partner effectively with creative and responsive solutions. The DCO should have a fundamental understanding of ways to leverage technology to optimize compliance related controls and activities. An important part of the role will to build an effective risk-based compliance program to ensure that the highest risks are properly identified and effectively mitigated. This role reports directly to the Prudential International Insurance Chief Compliance Officer, with a dotted reporting line to the Customer Office CCO, and will work closely with the Customer Office and Prudential International Insurance businesses including technology, operations, and product development teams.
- 7 years of compliance, risk or other related experience.
- Thorough and current regulatory knowledge and understanding of digital compliance issues and consumer compliance regulations.
- Expertise and extensive knowledge of digital financial service businesses and platforms, including corresponding regulations and operations with the ability to oversee and advise on the development and maintenance of strong controls targeted at mitigating compliance risk associated with various processes throughout the business
- Excellent understanding of digital financial services channels, including mobile and online technologies.
- The ability to break down complex regulatory requirements into easily understood concepts and succinctly communicate this to various business partners.
- Familiarity with concepts, tools, and solutions used by digital financial services teams such as application development protocols, cloud-based solutions, and UX/UI design/development processes.
- Experience with developing and implementing Compliance programs, including policies and procedures, controls, monitoring and testing.
- Understanding of customer transactions and communication, operational work flows, internet technologies, as well as development methodology for a complex multi-business environment
- Ability to work and react quickly in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proven communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal) to interact with all levels of management
- Relationship management and experience with matrix leadership of teams
- Strong research skills. Ability to interpret rules and analyze complex issues
- Ability to reach sound judgments and act quickly under tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities
- Creative and strategic approach to problem solving and change management
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.