Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Deputy CCO Real Estate
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: The candidate will report to the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance. This position has significant visibility with senior management and direct interaction with global portfolio management, distribution and operations. The VP, Americas Compliance will assist the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance in discharging the firm’s overall compliance program with particular focus on the Americas businesses, including its operations in the United States and Latin America. The position is supported by eight US-based associates and two Mexico-based associates. The position requires a candidate with strong management skills and an ability to develop relationships, sometimes from afar, with staff and senior business executives in the region. This position will also be expected to act as backup to the PGIM Real Estate Global Head of Compliance in interfacing with senior business managers in the Americas; participation in governance committee; and, representing the unit in matters relating to non-US regions, when the CCO is not available or as resource constraints dictate.
The incumbent will be expected to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance Compliance Programs and to assist in leading and developing both junior and seasoned members of the compliance team. Candidates must possess a deep understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, and other related federal securities laws such as ERISA, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. JD, MBA, advanced degree or other relevant professional designation preferred.
- Deep understanding of Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940; other federal securities laws and rules thereunder; ERISA, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Ten plus years of compliance experience, primarily in an investment management organization, Real Estate experience and/or experience in alternative asset classes.
- Experience in managing staff and business constituents remotely.
- Experience with Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act requirements and analogous laws in Latin America.
- Experience with Reg AB and Fannie/Freddie originations & underwriting guidelines; Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR’s); rating agencies (S&P, Fitch, Morningstar) mortgage servicing requirements.
- Proven communication, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills are desired, including experience and ability in dealing with senior management.
- Ability to reach sound judgments and act quickly under tight deadlines.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Regular travel between Madison, NJ and Newark, NJ offices is required.