Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Corporate Counsel (Mergers & Acquisitions)
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: The Mergers & Acquisitions group of Prudential Financial’s Law Department (Newark, NJ) is seeking an attorney with substantial expertise with merger, acquisition and disposition-related matters. The attorney would join a small team responsible for supporting Prudential’s Corporate Development function in connection with Prudential’s strategic M&A activity across all of its financial services businesses, both domestically and internationally. The attorney will be expected to interact and partner with senior members of management.
Expected Responsibilities include: participating in the development of preliminary indications of interest in targets around the world; providing upfront structuring advice with respect to contemplated acquisitions and dispositions; drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements, including, without limitation, purchase and sale agreements, joint venture and shareholder agreements, transition services agreements, investment banking engagement letters, and confidentiality agreements; and providing advice with respect to assessing both legal risks and reputational risks arising out of contemplated transactions.
- At least seven (7) years of extensive M&A legal experience at a major law firm
- Experience with cross-border transactions and the insurance and financial services industry helpful, but not required
- Ability to balance large volume of deals simultaneously and perform effectively under strict time constraints
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstration of a high degree of sophisticated judgment and business acumen
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills