Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Corporate Counsel – RET000FJ (Retirement Law)
Location: Hartford, CT
Description: The Prudential Retirement Legal Team is part of the US Business Law Group of Prudential’s Law Department. We are seeking a highly talented, business savvy and experienced lawyer to join the legal team that supports the Retirement Business, including products offered through both the Full Service Solutions and Investment & Pension Solutions groups. This position can be located in Hartford, Connecticut or Woodbridge, New Jersey. Prudential’s Retirement Business provides investment products and services to defined contribution, defined benefit, and non-qualified plans through two principal areas: the Full Service Solutions group which manufactures market value investment products and provides recordkeeping services for Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plans; and Investment & Pension Solutions group which provides US pension and international longevity risk transfer solutions to domestic and global Defined Benefit plans, and manufactures stable value and other innovative products for Defined Contribution and other plans and institutions.
- Advising on the creation and monitoring of stable value and market-valued investment products in a way that anticipates and mitigates legal and regulatory risks.
- Knowledge of insurance laws, securities law exemptions and the aspects of ERISA that apply to retirement plans and products. Broker-dealer/FINRA expertise is a plus.
- The candidate must have an appetite for learning new legal disciplines, and the legal and business talent to find practical, risk-adjusted solutions to a business facing an evolving and increasingly challenging regulatory environment.
- Quickly gaining working knowledge of ERISA and of insurance regulatory requirements is critical to job success. Equally critical is an ability to constructively engage with internal clients and control partners to advise on business practices that are likely to withstand regulatory and litigation challenges.
- An ability to communicate complex legal and business concepts, both in writing and orally, in a clear and thoughtful manner is essential.
- Candidates with demonstrated leadership potential are preferred.