Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Corporate Counsel (PGIM Global Partners)
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential seeks an attorney to fill a vacancy in the PGIM Regulatory Law Section of the Law Department (“PGIM Regulatory”). PGIM Regulatory Law functions somewhat like an internal law firm for PGIM businesses and their lawyers and compliance officers, addressing a variety of regulatory and legal issues affecting PGIM’s multiple businesses, particularly where it may be more effective to address them centrally. PGIM is the asset management division of Prudential Financial and includes PGIM Fixed Income; QMA; Jennison Associates; PGIM Real Estate; PGIM Real Estate Finance; PGIM Private Capital; PGIM Global Partners; and PGIM Investments. Laws we advise on include U.S. federal and state securities, broker-dealer and investment management laws, and EU and UK laws relevant to asset management activities in Europe. Collaboration with colleagues in the Law Department and the Compliance Department is a hallmark of our practice.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in securities or regulatory law
- Familiarity with asset management products/services and their regulation
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as technical legal ability
- Curiosity about businesses, products and legal and policy issues coupled with the motivation to achieve meaningful results
- Self-starter who can function independently, with a strong work ethic and high professional and ethical standards
- Superior research and analytical skills, comfort with conceptual thinking and creativity as a problem solver
- Strong written and oral communication skills, such as the ability to distill and explain complex regulatory matters
- Excellent judgment and the ability to give clear, independent and timely advice that is supportive of business objectives
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing needs of the organization as well as the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a collegial but demanding environment