Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Corporate Counsel – PUB0000S
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: PGIM, Inc. is looking for an experienced asset management and securities attorney to support PGIM Fixed Income (the public fixed income asset management unit within PGIM, Inc.) and Prudential Trust Company, a Pennsylvania trust company. PGIM Fixed Income is headquartered in Newark, New Jersey and has offices in London, Tokyo, Amsterdam and Singapore. PGIM Fixed Income has over $750 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2019). The successful candidate will be based in Newark, New Jersey and join a team of 11 lawyers supporting PGIM Fixed Income and Prudential Trust Company. Some job responsibilities will include: drafting and negotiating investment management agreements, subscription agreements and other client agreements; providing advice regarding U.S. and state regulatory requirements applicable to investment advisers, private funds and collective and common trust funds; reviewing and assisting in the preparation of institutional marketing materials and responses to requests-for-proposals; drafting and reviewing regulatory disclosures and investment guidelines; providing advice with respect to operations and trading issues; providing advice with respect to the structuring, distribution and development of products and investment vehicles in the U.S. and outside the U.S.; and advising Prudential Trust Company with respect to its collective and common trust funds.
- Minimum of 4 years significant and substantive legal experience of asset management matters, private funds and securities.
- Sophisticated knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and U.S. securities laws.
- Experience of ERISA issues related to managing plan assets.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to give clear, independent and timely advice that is supportive of business objectives.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing needs of the organization as well as the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
Working knowledge or experience of the following is a plus:
- Advising trust companies and collective and common trust funds.
- Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Registered and unregistered insurance company separate accounts.
- Commodity Exchange Act.
- Derivatives transactions.
- Non-U.S. laws relating to funds, investment advisers and distribution (e.g., UCITS funds and related regulations).