Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Corporate Counsel (Jennison)
Location: New York, NY
Description: The Jennison Law Department is looking for an experienced asset management attorney to join a small team of lawyers that supports Jennison’s business. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Assist in the establishment and maintenance of client accounts, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating client account documentation (e.g., investment management contracts, organizational documentation, responses to client requests, amendments to investment management contracts); Research and provide legal and regulatory advice with respect to shareholder disclosure laws, portfolio management licensing laws and fund distribution laws in non-US jurisdictions; Provide legal and regulatory advice on new investments and trading, including private equity investments, PIPEs, and derivatives; Review and provide legal and regulatory advice on new regulatory developments, including working with colleagues across the Prudential Law Department in working groups and participating in industry groups; Provide legal and regulatory advice to Jennison with respect to the structuring, distribution and development of new products and investment vehicles in the US and outside the US; Provide legal and regulatory advice to Jennison in its role as a sub-adviser to mutual funds and review and draft disclosure relating to Jennison in mutual fund filings; Provide legal and regulatory advice with respect to various other types of clients and investment vehicles managed by Jennison, including but not limited to UCITS, registered and unregistered insurance separate accounts, and US and non-US pension funds; and Review and negotiate vendor contracts.
- JD and bar membership;
- 5+ years experience supporting an asset management firm;
- Exceptional understanding of US and international regulations including US Investment Advisers Act, US Investment Company Act, international investment adviser regulations, and international shareholder reporting regulations.
- Familiarity with investing in private placements, plan investment issues of ERISA plan investors, and Commodity Exchange Act, including derivatives clearing and trading issues, a plus;
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently and as a team player in a demanding, fast-paced, fluid environment handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently, while maintaining highest standards and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership skill and the ability to work with and maintain a positive working relationship with a diverse team of legal and other professionals;
- Confidence and interpersonal and networking skills necessary for effective interaction with business clients at all levels and external parties; Must be able to partner and maintain positive working relationship with legal department colleagues and senior management, investment management, risk, compliance, and other support areas with a proven ability to provide actionable, practical, sound legal advice;
- Outstanding communication, organizational, negotiation and writing skills.