Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Corporate Counsel – ANN000S9 (Annuities Law)
Location: Shelton, CT
Description: We are seeking an experienced attorney to join the Annuities Law Department. This position will provide counsel and support to Prudential’s Annuities business on variable and fixed annuity product development, maintenance and marketing. This position also will have the opportunity to provide cross-business legal support on product development for the Individual Life Insurance Law Department, and work closely with other US business and corporate legal groups on a variety of strategic and cross-business initiatives.
The position may be located in Shelton, CT, Hartford, CT, or Newark, NJ.
- Law degree required;
- Admission to the bar of at least one state, and will need to obtain the New Jersey and Connecticut Corporate Counsel licenses if not admitted to the bars in those states;
- At least eight (8) years relevant law firm, regulatory or insurance company law department experience;
- A working knowledge of annuities, including the state insurance and federal securities laws related to those products;
- A working knowledge of annuities operations and related legal and contractual requirements;
- Experience providing legal advice in connection with customer and regulatory inquiries, and interacting with regulators;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with various levels of personnel, including senior management;
- Ability to work well in an environment where collaboration and teamwork with legal, compliance and business associates is a priority.