Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Position: VP, Assistant General Counsel – U.S. Funds Legal – Asset & Wealth Management
Location: New York, NY or Columbus, OH
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Role available for an attorney with strong investment management experience looking for growth and challenge to join the JPMorgan Asset Management legal team supporting the U.S. Funds Management business. The JPMorgan Asset Management U.S. Funds complex is among the largest complexes in the United States. The complex offers a full array of mutual funds in every asset class-money market, fixed-income, equity and alternative investments-domestic and international, an expanding array of exchange-traded funds, managed accounts and subadvisory mandates. The position provides exposure to all aspects of the JPMorgan U.S. Funds Management business and offers opportunities for advancement in one of the fastest growing segments of JPMorgan Asset Management.
The individual will have responsibilities spanning the legal coverage required to support the U.S. Funds Management business including relating to the creation of new funds, existing funds, sub-advised and managed account products, regulatory developments and implementation and will provide legal support to the JPMorgan Funds’ Boards of Trustees.
- 5+ years of legal practicing experience with a law firm or investment management firm with the Investment Company Act of 1940. ETF experience a plus. In-house experience a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent business judgment, demonstrates strategic and innovative thinking.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at Board and all business levels and with both legal and non-legal professionals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the legal department, other control functions and the business.
- Self-starter and strong motivator.
- Ability to build and maintain close client relationships.
- Demonstrated expertise in the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and various regulations applicable to the operation of registered funds.
- Experience advising on complex and sophisticated broker-dealer issues a plus.
- Experience advising on privacy issues a plus.
- Experience advising on index construction and management and/or intellectual property issues a plus.
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
*Consideration may be given for alternative city locations for internal candidates only. Please direct all location inquiries to the listed recruiter so they may review your request with the hiring manager.