Company: Cantor Fitzgerald
Position: Vice President, Assistant General Counsel – Litigation
Location: New York, NY
Description: Cantor Fitzgerald, a global financial services firm headquartered in New York, is seeking a litigator with at least 5-15 years of experience to join our dynamic 10 person, in-house trial team. The position reports to the Deputy General Counsel, Global Head of Litigation. The firm’s litigators handle “first chair” over 60 litigation matters, including business dispute and commercial litigation in State and Federal Courts and in arbitration, including those arising in the employment context. In addition, the team works closely with external local trial counsel, partnering with them to litigate and ultimately try cases throughout the country. The firm’s litigators also focus on internal investigations, and serve on teams to defend the company in investigators led by our regulators. Prior experience in financial services and/or real estate brokerage is a plus. A successful candidate is one who thrives in a team environment, while working well independently. Candidate will be trained to ultimately “first chair” trials and arbitrations, and will have significant client and hands-on litigation and trial experience.
Contact: Michael S. Popok, Managing Director, Deputy General Counsel, email@example.com
- At least 5 years of high-end litigation experience.
- Ethics, work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and strong-interpersonal skills and professional maturity required.
- Ideal candidate has successful experience developing and implementing a “winning” strategy for cases.
- Ability to work in a high “velocity” legal and business environment.
- Must possess strong academic credentials and strong oral and written advocacy skills
- Big firm training and/or federal law clerk experience a plus.
- Commitment to civic, charitable and/or pro bono activities is looked upon favorably.
- New York bar membership a must.