Company: Johnson & Johnson
Position: Senior Patent Counsel
Location: New Brunswick, NJ or La Jolla, CA
Description: The responsibilities of this Senior Patent Counsel include:
- Representing and advising Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical businesses and R&D units in the areas of patent law and strategy
- Patent preparation, patent prosecution, and counseling in the biotechnology area
- Conducting third-party IP diligence
- Providing oversight of contractual corporate relationships
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation is desired
Contact: Michele Mangini at email@example.com
- A minimum of a law degree from an internationally or nationally recognized university is required along with active registration, in good standing, with a state bar and as a U.S. patent attorney.
- Educational and/or work experience in the U.S. or with a U.S. based multinational corporation is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of biotechnology patent experience at a law firm or in-house legal department of a corporation is required.
- An advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in life sciences, with a focus in antibody, vaccine, and cell therapy technologies, is required
- Prior experience in the biotechnology industry is preferred
- The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English, be able to communicate effectively, and demonstrate the ability to counsel senior management.
- A positive attitude, the ability to work independently and across business functions and cultures with teams across multiple time zones are required.
- The ability to accommodate occasional travel is required.