Position: Senior Legal Counsel, Named Accounts and Procurement
Location: San Rafael or San Francisco, CA
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
This role requires leadership skills, management experience as well as the ability to provide hands-on proactive and practical legal advice and support.
The role includes broad responsibilities and you will provide direct support to the sales organization by: (i) negotiating high-profile strategic agreements with Autodesk’s largest and most sophisticated customers; (ii) manage and develop a team of in-house professionals in alignment with company and legal department goals and objectives; and (iii) partner with America’s Named Accounts, and company procurement leadership to support quarterly business needs and assist in the development and implementation of new programs, offerings and business initiatives; (iv) assist in the development and implementation of compliance and other corporate legal team led initiatives and programs; (v) collaborate with Autodesk’s other legal functions to help draft and continually improve a broad range of complex sales and procurement agreements, playbooks, policies and processes related to SaaS and on-premises software direct and enterprise sales, consulting, services and customer success oriented business models; and (vi) partner with the Global Sales Operations team to efficiently support the business.
The right candidate will be offered a competitive salary package commensurate with the responsibilities of this role and their skill level and experience, including the opportunity to participate in all standard company benefits for a position of this level, such as Autodesk’s bonus program and stock-based compensation programs.
- JD degree from an accredited/recognized university, and bar membership in good standing
- At least 8 years of combined law firm and in-house experience with a global public Company and/or experience working with Internet or high technology companies preferred
- This role requires at least two years of previous management experience directly managing a team of 3 or more people in an in-house legal setting
- This role requires an experienced lawyer with sound legal and business judgment, who has worked with the sales and procurement functions in the technology sector
- Knowledge and experience related to SaaS and on-premises software, general IP and technology licensing matters, antitrust, marketing, payment systems, privacy and data security, and compliance desirable
- Must be able to function independently, and work proactively as well as collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Ability to work under pressure in an intense, fast-paced environment required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional judgment and creativity, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Strong executive presence, credibility and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Excellent drafting, oral and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for positive and respectful relationships internally and externally