Position: Senior Legal Counsel, eCommerce and Customer Success
Location: San Rafael or San Francisco, CA
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
This is an incredible opportunity for a senior commercial attorney with proven global eCommerce, payments and customer success experience to support Autodesk’s global eCommerce and customer success business and programs.
This role requires leadership skills with the ability to provide hands on creative, proactive and practical legal advice and support. The role includes broad responsibilities and you will (i) drive deep engagement with business colleagues to understand the business, marketing and customer lifecycle strategies; (ii) collaborate with Autodesk’s other legal functions to design a global legal framework enabling Autodesk’s eCommerce and customer success business and operations ; (iii) respond promptly to legal requests, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that the business can use; (iv) negotiate complex commercial strategic agreements with a wide range of services providers; (v) support the day to day operations and continuous improvement of our global eCommerce and customer success business and related programs, including the development and implementation of new programs, offerings and business initiatives; (vi) assist in the development and implementation of compliance and other corporate legal team led initiatives and programs; (vii) draft and continually improve agreements, playbooks, policies and processes related to eCommerce and customer success oriented business models.
The right candidate will be offered a competitive salary package commensurate with the responsibilities of this role and their skill level and experience, including the opportunity to participate in all standard company benefits for a position of this level, such as Autodesk’s bonus program and stock-based compensation programs.
- JD degree from an accredited/recognized university, and bar membership in good standing
- At least 7 years of combined law firm and in-house experience with a global public Company and/or experience working with Internet or high technology companies preferred.
- This role requires an experienced lawyer with sound legal and business judgment, who has worked with the sales function in the technology sector
- Direct knowledge and experience in eCommerce and payment systems
- General knowledge and experience in IP and technology licensing matters, antitrust, marketing, payment systems, privacy and data security, and compliance desirable
- Must be able to function independently, and work proactively as well as collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Ability to work under pressure in an intense, fast-paced environment required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional judgment and creativity, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Strong executive presence, credibility and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Excellent drafting, oral and interpersonal skills