Company: Bloomberg Industry Group
Position: Senior Legal Content Specialist, Privacy and Data Security/Technology and IP
Location: Arlington, VA
Description: Performs complex legal research, analysis, and writing for assigned content on privacy and data security, technology, and/or intellectual property law; helps practice lead to determine, coordinate, and prioritize coverage; may review and edit work of less experienced legal content specialists.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Screens legislation, regulations, cases, and other legal developments; analyzes issues; edits, updates, and/creates new legal content.
- Identifies portions of primary source content that requires metadata tagging to support tools and search functionality.
- Identifies tools and improved content presentations to improve platform and customer usage.
- Develops and maintains sources and professional contacts in the government and private sectors, as assigned, to support assigned content.
- Exhibits a level of subject matter knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields sufficient to identify developments, prioritize work, and contextualize the development within assigned content.
- Recognizes and identifies new or emerging areas for potential content or coverage.
- Remains aware of the competitive landscape, including a general understanding of tools and coverage of competitors.
- Acts as back-up to the Assistant Practice Lead.
- Coaches less experienced Content Specialists or Legal Content Specialists.
- Serves as a resource for others contributing to same or related practice area(s).
- Assists management in the identification and recruitment of potential outside-authored subject matter and authors.
- Communicates with outside authors regarding content preparation through meetings and written and oral correspondence.
- Stays abreast of and effectively uses software, electronic resources, and other tools to perform the job efficiently and effectively.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as assigned.
Contact: Lori Siets, Senior Recruiter, Bloomberg Law email@example.com
- Demonstrated high level of subject matter knowledge, including mastery of legal research, analysis, and writing in international, federal, and/or state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in independently carrying out highest level assignments and writing projects within deadlines. Prioritizes developments appropriately.
- Edits work of other content specialists and outside authors proficiently.
- Communicates regularly with authors on projects and helps develop content in conjunction with authors.
- Maintains high awareness of customer needs and has the ability to assist with customer questions and comments.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of our publishing tools and other technology effectively with training.
- Proficiency in use of Bloomberg Law to optimize presentation and functionality of content.
- Demonstrates proficiency with online publishing system, including the ability to optimize documents (tagging and linking) for electronic platforms.
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in using and integrating platform tools in assigned content.
- Superior editing, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to interact and collaborate effectively with colleagues, outside authors, and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thinks creatively and communicates ideas effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor required. CIPP certification preferred. Relevant coursework and/or experience in privacy and/or data security law, technology law, and/or intellectual property law preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in some combination of legal writing and/or legal practice.
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.