Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Position: Senior Counsel – Marketing and Communications – AVP
Location: Columbus, OH., Wilmington, DE.
Description: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
JPMorgan Chase is seeking an experienced attorney to provide legal support and advice to the bank’s Marketing and Communications team. The primary responsibility of the role will be support of the advertising technology programs and the teams collaborating with digital marketing, media and branding. In addition, the role will provide significant opportunities to assist in our support of the Sports & Entertainment team (also within the Marketing vertical), and in that capacity may include work with talent agreements, sponsorship arrangements, and other related efforts. This position provides an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build an exciting career in a leading global financial services firm and to play a key part in managing legal risks for in an evolving and dynamic area of the law and business. Depending on the level of experience of the successful candidate, the job title will be Assistant Vice President, Senior Counsel.
- Interface regularly with branding and in-house media management teams and other partners to provide advice and support with respect to digital media buying projects and initiatives.
- Review and negotiate a broad range of marketing and advertising agreements including: master vendor/professional services agreements, event sponsorships, speaker, social media, talent, influencer/celebrity, content creation, licensing and other related agreements.
- Occasional review of marketing and advertising campaigns, copy and content (e.g., influencer campaigns) from concept through execution, and providing legal and regulatory compliance risk assessments, and propose creative solutions where applicable, to help advance business objectives in a risk-tolerant manner.
- Interest in, and a willingness to develop deepening, subject matter expertise in US regulations, industry guidelines and self-regulatory standards for marketing and advertising and their application across digital and traditional methods of advertising.
Contact: Daniel Patterson| Legal Recruiter
JPMorgan Chase – Corporate Sector
tel: 302.455.3364 | email@example.com
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- 3-5 years of relevant contract negotiation or transactional practicing experience.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and advising on general matters relating to digital media, marketing and advertising.
- Familiarity with IAB standards, guidelines and best practices.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
The successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong drafting skills
- Ability to work autonomously while being a collegial team player who brings a positive, “can-do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal team and with internal clients.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Be able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, unpredictable and rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to work in an open plan team environment.