Position: Senior Corporate Counsel (Commercial Legal Team)
Location: Austin, TX; Broomfield, CO; Bellevue; WA
Description: VMware is looking for a top-rate attorney to join its Commercial Legal Team. This position will be based in Austin, TX, Bellevue, WA, or Broomfield, CO. Our legal department is full of legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front. We love to add attorneys who maintain the highest business and professional standards and who aren’t afraid to bring their true selves to work each day.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing, professional services, and SaaS.
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company, driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within the VMware Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
Contact: Christine Kapaklis
- 12+ years of transactional legal experience with big law firm or in-house global enterprise company.
- Experience in SaaS transactions with a company of similar size and scale to VMware.
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- You are a practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- You are able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things done.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Member of a State Bar and in good standing.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Please apply by clicking: http://bit.ly/R1913756