Position: Senior Contracts Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX or Reston, VA
Description: VMware seeks to add a highly talented individual to its Commercial Legal Group, supporting the company’s commercial sales business. This Senior Contracts Manager position will be based in Austin, Texas; Reston, Virginia, or Atlanta, Georgia. While the primary job responsibility is negotiation & transactional support to our U.S. customers, you will form part of a new and growing team of Contract Negotiators working collaboratively with our CLG Attorneys, Sales organization, Deal Management Team, Finance, and the various Business Units in the U.S. and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our customers. All tasks will be performed under the supervision of a VMware attorney.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, with a primary focus on cloud services and SaaS, but including software license, support, and professional services agreements. Advise on legal, finance and business considerations associated with those commercial transactions.
- Collaborate and partner effectively with the Business Units, Sales organization, Finance and Deal Management Team.
- Assist executives, Sales professionals and other members of the Legal Department with matters relating to our standard contract templates and agreements already in place with customers.
- Regularly contribute to and refine CLG’s templates, playbooks, and guidance documents. Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates.
- Participate in special projects within the Legal Department to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency and standardization without material increase in risk.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company in driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities.
- Provide training and counseling to Sales professionals. Coordinate with other groups within the global Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Bachelor’s degree; law degree is a plus but not necessary.
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a high-tech company.
- Proven skills in drafting commercial transactions, including cloud and SaaS, licensing, support, and professional services.
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a non-confrontational, win-win basis.
- Strong business acumen and a familiarity with GAAP rules and revenue recognition issues.
- Knowledge of the IT industry, data protection, information security, privacy, and the latest trends in cloud services are also a plus.
- Strong negotiation experience with a specific industry (e.g. financial services, telecommunications) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large and/or strategic agreements and suite of agreement templates through collaboration tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, inter-personal skills and leadership skills.
- A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork.
- Track record of excellence and leadership in past employment and academics.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.