Position: Senior Contracts Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA; Austin, TX; Broomfield, CO; or Atlanta, GA
Description: VMware seeks to add a highly talented individual to its Product and Technology Law Group, supporting the company’s products and services teams. This Senior Contracts Manager position will be based in Palo Alto, California; Austin, Texas; Broomfield, Colorado; or Atlanta, Georgia. The primary job responsibilities are set out below but you also will form part of a new and growing team of Contract Managers working collaboratively with other members of the legal team and various Business Units in the U.S. and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our client. All tasks will be performed under the supervision of a VMware attorney.
Your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, with a primary focus on cloud services and SaaS, but including software license, support, and professional services agreements. Advise on legal, finance and business considerations associated with those commercial transactions.
- Assist in developing and implementing improvements to business processes to support the contracting process and ongoing compliance.
- Lead contract cycle management through close-out, including contract modifications, compliance with contractual terms.
- Manage and update ongoing compliance records
- Advise internal clients of company processes, contract status, and make recommendations based on company policies and standards.
- Interact daily and/or frequently with executive management, business and technical management, functional peer groups.
- Assist in development and maintenance of various contract and policy forms.
- Regularly contribute to and refine PTLG’s templates, playbooks, and guidance documents. Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates.
- Participate in special projects within the Legal Department to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency and standardization without material increase in risk.
- Provide training and counseling to technical management and engineers. Coordinate with other groups within the Global Legal Department on compliance matters.
Contact: Christine Kapaklis
- Bachelors degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a high-tech company.
- Strong communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Strong substantive knowledge of intellectual property laws
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large and/or strategic agreements and suite of agreement templates through collaboration tools.
- A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork.
- Legal degree.
- Software engineering or product management experience.
- Knowledge of the IT industry, data protection, information security, privacy, and the latest trends in cloud services.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Please apply to this role by clicking: https://bit.ly/R2006225