Position: Senior Contracts Manager (Hardware Channels)
Location: Atlanta, GA; Broomfield, CO
VMware seeks to add a highly talented individual to its legal team supporting the company’s global channels business. This Senior Contracts Manager position will be based in Broomfield, CO, or Atlanta, Georgia as a member of VMware’s Commercial Channels legal group. The position will provide contract negotiation and other support to VMware’s channel businesses. All tasks will be performed under the supervision of a VMware attorney.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, including channel partner, hardware, software license, support, cloud services, and non-disclosure agreements as well as professional services contracts, and advise on liabilities, legal restrictions and risks associated with such agreements.
- Collaborate and partner effectively with the business, including providing advice and counsel to executives and sales professionals on legal, financial and commercial issues related to a broad range of commercial transactions.
- Assist executives, sales professionals and other members of the legal department with matters relating to our standard channel partner agreements and agreements with specific channel partners.
- Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within the global VMware Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Participate in special projects within the legal department as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity without material increase in risk.
Contact: Christine Kapaklis
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a major law firm and/or high-tech company.
- Proven skills in drafting commercial transactions, including hardware agreements, multi-tier channels agreements, commercial contracts, technology licenses, and service agreements.
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a non-confrontational win-win basis.
- Strong business acumen and a familiarity with GAAP rules and revenue recognition issues.
- Knowledge of the laws in the U.S. and elsewhere applicable to distribution relationships including antitrust/competition law and compliance obligations, is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the IT industry. Experience with technology transactions, especially hardware and software licensing and SaaS; IP protection laws; and acquisition integration is a plus, as is a technical background.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large partner agreements and suite of agreement templates via collaboration sites, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, inter-personal skills and leadership skills.
- A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork.
- Track record of excellence and leadership in past employment and academics.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Please apply by clicking: http://bit.ly/R1914328.