Company: Con Edison
Position: Senior Attorney/Associate Counsel, Office of the Secretary – 105389
Location: New York City, NY
- Handles and provides advice with respect to governance matters including: assessment, disclosure and reporting of directors independence, expertise and qualifications, compliance with applicable organizational documents, subsidiary management, implementation of insider trading policies, arrangements for shareholders’ meetings, including annual meeting; monitoring corporate governance developments and compliance with applicable standards; drafting proxy and other disclosure statements and documents; responses to shareholder proposals, director and officer questionnaires and boards of directors and board committee agendas, resolutions and minutes; and SEC reporting for directors and officers.
- Supervises preparation and distribution of materials for meetings of boards of directors and board committees.
- Provides counsel and guidance regarding SEC compliance, disclosure and -34 Act reporting, including Forms and 8-K and Section 16 filings. Analyzes new disclosure rules and advises on implementation. Reviews and/or prepares certain SEC filings including Form 8-K and Proxy Statement.
- Participates on team projects on various matters related to the operation of the Office of the Secretary.
- Performs legal research and writes legal memoranda.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
Interested in applying to this position, click on the below link and apply on-line:
Licenses & Certifications
Driver’s License Required
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.
Sal Pitonzo, SPHR, PMP
Employee And Labor Relations
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited Law School. Admitted to practice in NYS.
Required Work Experience
- Must be an attorney, in good standing, admitted to the Bar association and able to practice law in New York State. Required
- Senior Attorney position requires minimum 6 years of professional experience in corporate and securities law with major law firm or corporation.
- Associate Counsel position requires minimum 8 years of professional experience in corporate and securities law with major law firm or corporation. Required
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Required
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with and advise the company’s senior management and directors. Required
- Must possess substantive experience with corporate secretarial functions and responsibilities. Required
- Associate Counsel – Experience with drafting and preparation of Proxy Statement, Form 8-K and Section 16 filings required. Required
- In-house corporate secretary’s office experience strongly preferred. Preferred
- Senior Attorney – Experience with drafting and preparation of Proxy Statement, Form 8-K and Section 16 filings strongly preferred. Preferred