Company: Bloomberg Industry Group
Position: Principal Legal Analyst-Litigation
Location: Arlington, VA
Description: The Principal Legal Analyst is responsible for recommending, designing, and running cross-team projects to support the broader business strategy. For this Principal Legal Analyst – Litigation position, we are seeking a lawyer with litigation experience (employment or intellectual property litigation preferred) who is interested to put that experience to work in a legal technology environment.
- Works with the Team Leads to form and manage highly efficient project-based teams, comprised of fellow analysts, to create and deliver unique, recurring, technology-enhanced tools and content for the markets served by the business.
- Manages projects to budget and provides continuous project and performance feedback to the Team Lead and Director.
- Works with the Team Leads and Director to design and manage investments to optimize workflows through technologies.
- Acts as the face of Bloomberg Law expertise in the market through interactions with law school, law firm, government, and corporate leaders.
- Demonstrates thought leadership, including external speaking opportunities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Contact: Lori Siets, Senior Recruiter, Bloomberg Law email@example.com
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability for project-based worked, with the ability to function across teams as either a leader or contributor.
- Strong knowledge of target markets, relevant areas of law, and the legal tech market.
- Subject matter expert conceiving and leading content development projects in assigned space and with subject matter experts across disciplines.
- Deep understanding of the Bloomberg Law platform, including relevant platform tools and architecture.
- Strong understanding of data governance and analysis.
- Self-driven individual who sets high standards of performance for self and others and leads by personal example.
- Strong focus on thought leadership, including external speaking opportunities.
- Must be adept at working directly with experts across corporate, law firm, university and government organizations.
- Strong understanding and focus on data governance and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of Bloomberg Law standards and style.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD required.
- Minimum of 5+ years practicing law with a minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience. Trial experience not required, but applicant must have experience in all phases of litigation, with a strong preference for employment or intellectual property litigation experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience and demonstrated success in developing and executing on workflow solutions to solve customer problems in the legal, professional and financial markets.
- Diverse experience as an individual contributor in relevant roles.