Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Position: Legal – VP, Assistant General Counsel – Commercial Real Estate Finance
Location: Plano, TX or Chicago, IL
Description:JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
JPMorgan Chase is seeking an attorney experienced in commercial real estate finance to join the Legal Department in Commercial Banking. The position is set to be based in Chicago, Illinois or Plano Texas. The main focus will be on matters impacting commercial finance and real estate. It will involve providing legal support relating to the origination, servicing and management of multifamily and commercial real estate mortgage loans.
The lawyer will be responsible for the following:
- Advise and counsel bankers and credit partners on structuring and documenting transactions
- Assist with title, lease, and organizational due diligence issues
- Identify and mitigate risks and regulatory issues
- Provide legal interpretations of regulations and guidance on their applicability to the policies, procedures and real estate finance transactions
- Participate in project teams relating to regulatory matters, regulatory examinations, communication with regulators on proposed regulations, and interpretation of existing regulations
- Support workout and restructuring transactions, asset bankruptcy and litigation attorney;
- Provide legal support for management and sale of foreclosed real estate
- Work with government relations and trade associations on legislative and regulatory matters
- Review proposed new or modified products, businesses, practices and procedures, and identify any legal and regulatory issues
- Prepare and update standard forms and procedures
- Provide training for bankers
- Manage outside counsel
Contact: Candidates interested in the posting can apply via the following link: https://jpmchase.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=190050886&lang=en
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a medium to large sized law firm or as in-house counsel at a financial institution.
- Knowledge about commercial real estate laws, banking regulations and finance
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Effective and efficient problem solver
- Able to handle large volume and provide prompt client responses
- Team player, escalates issues and shares information with colleagues and management
- Collegial; able to maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues