Company: Unity Technologies ApS
Position: Legal Counsel, EMEA
Description: Our legal team is looking for a business-oriented legal counsel to support Unity’s growing legal needs in Europe. You will be part of a small but mighty team in EMEA that works closely with and is supported by global teams across Unity.
We want you to join us in providing ongoing legal counseling related to Unity’s game engine technology, licensing, cloud services, and data privacy compliance. This is a unique opportunity to work with and have a direct impact on the software development and commercialization sides of the business. If you are a can-do and collaborative teammate with a passion for creative problem-solving, this is a great fit for you!
- Take the lead on negotiating and drafting a variety of technology and software transactions, from product development through monetization
- Provide support and legal counsel to our amazing software developers and engineers on topics such as third party and open source software licensing
- Serve as primary support for our EMEA-based sales and business development teams (you’ll be the first in their time zone so they’ll be thrilled to have you!)
- Assist in establishing legal processes and procedures for our new and evolving cloud-based services
- Advise on GDPR compliance and related privacy matters, including negotiating and revising data collection and processing agreements (with escalations to our privacy attorney)
- Provide well-reasoned legal risk-assessments to our business, which ensure our teams are free to operate while staying compliant with international laws and various contractual obligations.
- You have a formal legal education including a Masters degree in Law (or equivalent)
- You have prior experience with either DK or UK law
- You have 2 years experience at a leading law firm with national or international presence
- You have 4-6 years experience of combined relevant legal experience
- You are able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to the next