Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Position: Law and Regulation Innovation Attorney
Location: Irving, TX
Description: Seeking Innovation Attorneys! We are looking for creative and high energy attorneys interested in working at the nexus of law, business, technology, data, and consumers. Our innovation division of Allstate’s Law and Regulation department is growing to enable our emerging and service businesses to thrive as well as support matters across the enterprise as to technology, cybersecurity, privacy, data management, international, and intellectual property.
- Real time and critical business-focused commercial legal advice for a broad range of businesses and issues
- Anticipate legal concerns and provide creative problem solving in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent executive presence and concise verbal and written communication a must
- Play a key role in strategy determination, action planning, and communication with business partners, business units, and other areas of Law & Regulation
- Business acumen with ability to quantify return on investments (create and contribute to business cases and risk evaluations)
- Analytical skills for fast moving M&A diligence and integration matters
- Complex research as to applicability of pertinent laws, statutes, regulations, rules, and other legal authority; ability to summarize concisely and collaborate with other areas of company to determine impact of new legal authority on business and enable action plans
- Understanding of interaction in regulated environments between business, policy, compliance, legislative and legal frameworks
- Comfort with executing on goals and objectives through ambiguity and in a changing business and legal landscape
- Project management skills for cross-functional work
- Execution abilities within a parent company and its family of companies
- Draft, review and negotiate complex matters and agreements (technology agreements including software and hardware preferred)
- Ability to manage outside counsel, budgets and financial plans
- Prefer experience in the following areas: Privacy, cybersecurity, technology, international, intellectual property, M&A, strategy, commercial, data, and/or highly regulated sectors
- Leadership qualities (team building and collaboration a must)
- Preference for business and work experience outside legal context
Contact: Interested Candidates can apply directly to the link at https://www.allstate.jobs/title-primary_city-primary_state-allstate/9143291/law-and-regulation-innovation-attorney-irving-tx-irving-tx/.
Or you can apply within the career section at www.allstate.com, JOB ID 115277
- Possesses a juris doctorate and a license to practice law in Illinois (and/or other states as required)
- Preference for Chicago, Illinois; Northbrook, IL, Charlotte, NC and Irving, TX
Allstate Corporation is a $38B+ annual revenue publicly traded company (NYSE: ALL) that protects people from life uncertainties widely known from the slogan “You’re in Good Hands with Allstate.” The Innovation Law team supports the entire company, including Allstate’s emerging and service businesses to name a few, Arity (a telematics data analytics company in the iconic Merchandise Mart in Chicago), SquareTrade (acquired for $1.4B in 2017) providing consumer electronics protection plans, InfoArmor (recently acquired for $525M) providing identity protection and Answer Financial a leading insuretech company with the first telematics-based advertising network.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.