Position: Ethics & Compliance Counsel – North America
Location: Beachwood, OH
In this role you will:
- Partner with business leaders and other key stakeholders to identify, assess, and mitigate compliance risk;
- Lead internal ethics investigations and witness interviews, focusing on process fairness, governance, accountability, lessons learned, and root cause analysis;
- Develop and execute a strategy for compliance training and communications in the region, including developing and delivering training and creating and publishing communications (written, video, graphic, etc.);
- Partner with Compliance team to proactively conduct risk assessment for the region utilizing analysis of investigations and other internal inputs, analysis of Eaton’s channel and commercial strategies, regulatory and legal trends and requirements, benchmarking, and other factors;
- Lead and support key E&C projects, including quarterly reporting to the Board, analytics, matter management, anticorruption assessments, root cause analysis, M&A due diligence, and others;
- Advise and counsel other Eaton lawyers on employment related matters.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Contact: For additional information on this role, please contact Jennifer Arentsen – Executive Talent Acquisition at: JenniferLArentsen@Eaton.com.
Eaton is seeking an exceptionally talented business-minded executive with excellent leadership skills to lead in the deployment and execution of Eaton’s Ethics & Compliance program across all Eaton businesses in North America, focusing on the United States and Canada. We are searching for an executive with extensive Labor & Employment and internal investigations experience. This is a highly visible role with long term implications.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will be one that holds himself/herself accountable for achieving results on a consistent basis and will have a keen focus on deployment of the overall strategy ensuring all activities are completed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience post-J.D.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
Other essential requirements include:
- 4+ years’ experience post-J.D. in Labor and Employment Law and internal investigations
- Admitted to a state bar
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Knowledge of FCPA and compliance programs
- Skilled in data analytics and project management
- Strategic thinking
- Strong drive for results
- Political savvy
- Strong managerial courage
- Ethical with a high degree of personal integrity
- Ability to leverage resources and lead teams without direct reporting authority
- Highly accountable and transparent
JD from an accredited institution.