Position: Director and Senior Corporate Counsel, Securities and Corporate Governance
Location: San Rafael or San Francisco, CA
Description: As Director & Senior Corporate Counsel, Securities and Corporate Governance, you will provide legal support and counsel to Autodesk’s employees, executives and board members on a range of corporate, governance, securities law and compliance matters. Reporting to the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel & Assistant Secretary, you primarily will be responsible for securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, including assisting with the preparation of earning releases and other public announcements. In addition, you will work collaboratively as part of the corporate legal team to handle general corporate and board governance matters and bring thought leadership and a proactive approach in the area of securities law and corporate governance and compliance.
- Manages the preparation and filing of periodic and annual reports and other securities-law filings, including Securities and Exchange Commission filings on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, and proxy materials.
- Assists in the preparation of earnings releases, annual meetings and other relevant public announcements in collaboration with key stakeholders including finance and investor relations functions.
- Assists with board and committee meeting logistics, including coordinating, preparing, and distributing board/committee materials, meeting agendas, notifications, minutes and governance matters.
- Provides legal advice and support with respect to acquisitions, global stock plans, executive compensation, subsidiary management, investor relations, shareholder outreach and other corporate matters.
- Contributes to innovative corporate governance policies and best practices by recommending policies and procedures, while balancing governance needs and the company’s goals.
- Collaborates with corporate legal team to keep senior management and board members apprised of corporate governance trends and developments.
- Partner with global cross-functional teams including Investor Relations, Public Relations, Controller, Audit, Treasury, Tax and other Legal professionals on various projects.
- Manages outside counsel to deliver quality and cost effective expert legal guidance on corporate matters as necessary.
- Practice at a major law firm, followed by in-house public company experience.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- At least ten years of corporate law experience and comprehensive securities law experience (including ’33 and ’34 Act reporting), including broad exposure to corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Executive presence and ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; strong verbal and analytical skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; highly team-oriented; flexibility as to the types of projects assigned; solid business acumen; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and unstructured environment; sense of urgency in responding to time-sensitive matters; and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- California Bar admission in good standing
- Experience in the technology industry
The Ideal Candidate:
- Integrity is part of everything you do
- You’ve got a strong work ethic, are a self-starter, and you believe in holding yourself and others accountable. (You do what you say, and you say what you do)
- You understand and appreciate the business value of diversity and inclusion. You believe you have something to learn from anyone
- You have a great sense of humor, and you’re known as a humble team player
- You’re comfortable interacting warmly and professionally with everyone from the senior executives to interns
- You’re energized by working in a dynamic environment: you like finding solutions to complex problems, you work well under pressure, and you handle ambiguity and change with aplomb
- You are organized and efficient – good at building and running programs and processes, and you stay focused on the most important issues