Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Director, International Public Policy Affairs
Location: Newark, NJ/Washington, DC
Description: This position is part of the International Government Affairs team, which is responsible for identifying and analyzing public policy and regulatory measures as well as developing and implementing policy recommendations and advocacy strategies that support the Company’s global and international business interests.
As an integral member of the team, the candidate will support policy development, engagement/advocacy and strategic positioning efforts on a range of priority issues related to public policy and regulatory initiatives in Prudential’s developed international insurance markets (Japan, Korea and Taiwan) as well as in key non-U.S. investment markets. The candidate will be responsible for fostering relationships and seamlessly collaborating with key internal and external partners and constituencies, representing the Company’s interests in matters of public policy Thought Leadership, regulatory policy and planning, as well as coordinating, managing and executing assigned projects.
In addition, the candidate will work in support of initiatives related to global regulatory standard setting, including but not limited to standards related to consumer protection, insurance distribution and user of technology/innovation.
- In depth understanding of International public policy/regulatory environment with direct experience interfacing on international matters
- Must possess outstanding influence and relationship management skills with international cultural acumen
- Proven record of managing highly complex global issues in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Minimum of five (5) years of insurance industry, advocacy or issues development experience in a financial services company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capability in managing large, complex projects.
- Ability to use conceptual thinking, strong research and analytical skills as well as exceptional organizational skills
- This position requires a candidate who is a self-starter who can function independently and be flexible about changing priorities.
- Individual must be adept at collaborating with internal partners as well as outside stakeholders.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to give clear, independent and timely advice that is supportive of business objectives
- Experience working with financial or insurance regulators would be a distinct advantage
- Strong initiative and creative problem-solving techniques that drive business results
- A strong work ethic and high professional and ethical standards Ability and flexibility to travel internationally up to 30% a year
- Position can be located either in Newark, NJ or Washington, DC with frequent travel between the two required