Company: Capital One
Position: Director, Assistant General Counsel – Financial Services Legal Loss Mitigation
Location: Plano, TX
By joining Capital One, you will become a member of a leading financial services institution, and collaborate daily with diverse, talented individuals to achieve results that benefit Capital One’s customers, our associates, and our shareholders.
In this role, you will be required to possess and demonstrate responsibility and accountability, strong executive presence, judgment, impeccable written and oral communication skills, strategic influencing capabilities, and the ability to drive consensus across multiple teams. We highly value the ability to take complex ideas/problems and distill them into simple concepts/solutions, which we call integrated problem solving. In short, we are looking for someone who possesses a successful track record of thriving and leading in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the FS Loss Mitigation business areas and processes and embrace the opportunity to grow from being an attorney for the business to a valued strategic partner on all facets of Capital One’s FS repossession and debt collection strategies and activities;
- Over time, develop a thorough understanding of the entire FS division’s operations and strategy so that your advice to the FS Loss Mitigation business operations is nuanced and contextualized;
- Partner with other world-class professionals across Capital One’s Legal Department to identify and solve legal risks while helping to develop, drive, and test products, services, and strategies that ultimately impact FS Loss Mitigation’s bottom line in a socially-responsible and resilient manner;
- Partner with others to lead and address any internal and external third-party, consumer, and regulatory inquiries, audits, and regulatory exams; and
- Perform all of the above responsibilities in a highly-collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes a growth mindset, and rewards your innovation and intellectual curiosity.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Contact: Please apply to the position at https://www.capitalonecareers.com/job/plano/director-assistant-general-counsel-financial-services-legal-loss-mitigation/1732/18543310
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Active member in good standing of at least one state bar
- At least 5 years of experience in a law firm, governmental agency, or as in-house counsel, working on consumer finance litigation or regulatory compliance
- 8+ years of experience in a law firm, governmental agency, or as in-house counsel, working on auto-finance litigation or regulatory compliance
- Experience with auto-finance debt collection issues
- Experience working with and understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI), technology, data, and process improvement