Company: Gap Inc.
Position: Counsel – Legal
Location: San Francisco, CA
Description: We are looking for an experienced corporate and securities lawyer to join a team of legal professionals handling a broad range of corporate matters, including general corporate, governance, corporate secretarial, legal entity, securities, executive compensation, treasury, tax, acquisitions, and foundation. The lawyer will advise on, handle, and manage a variety of matters, initially focusing on securities, executive compensation, strategic relationships and acquisitions, and general corporate, but the ideal candidate should expect that the role will evolve over time. Key business partners initially will include Accounting, Investor Relations, Communications, Compensation, Tax, and Corporate Strategy.
The role is based at Gap Inc.’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate and Global Equity Administration.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, prepare, and advise on a variety of corporate and securities matters, including public disclosures and 1933 and 1934 Act filings and compliance
- Advise, support, and draft agreements for strategic relationships, investments, and acquisitions
- Advise and support on executive compensation and benefit plans and related matters
- Handle miscellaneous corporate, securities, and financial matters
- Build relationships with legal colleagues and business partners to effectively provide legal and strategic advice to assist the business to meet its objectives
Who You Are:
- Bachelors and Juris Doctor degrees and licensed to practice law in the US
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Relevant corporate and securities work experience in a reputable law firm and/or public companies
- Proven ability to effectively influence, collaborate, and build partnerships with business partners and legal team members at all levels. Proactive and drives resolution (or escalation) of significant issues. Provides strategic advice and technical expertise
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and calm under pressure. Practical and flexible. Able to prioritize and juggle multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Adept at and comfortable with complex riskeward assessments. Desire and ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively