Company: State Farm Insurance Companies
Location: Bloomington, IL
The primary focus of the Counsel position in the Corporate Counseling & Transaction unit is to advise on legal issues related to transactions for services and goods. A significant portion of CC&T’s work is focused on counseling our Purchasing Department and business areas on an array of vendor contracts addressing issues such as privacy, security, and ownership. CC&T also advises on other issues and legal matters.
- Provide legal advice to appropriate representatives of State Farm and its affiliates
- Provides legal services on behalf of the State Farm and its affiliates
- Analyze legal problems, interprets laws and regulations
- Serve as a resource for the organization on complex issues
At State Farm, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm has held its own as the number one insurer of auto, home, and life in the nation.
For more information visitk: https://findjobs.statefarm.com/ShowJob/JobId/278053/Counsel
Qualifications: Attorneys with 2-5 years of transactional experience, preferably with experience or acumen in the technology area. Qualified applicants must possess: a commitment to providing quality legal advice, learning agility (including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matters), and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment.
- Must have a law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials;
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar;
- Experience in drafting and negotiating technology related agreements is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of legal principles and practices related to the subject matter of the attorney’s area of practice and/or leadership management skills;
- Proactive mindset -anticipates and responds effectively to client’s needs and actively assists clients by practicing preventive law;
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in approaching legal matters.