Position: Counsel, Cable Legal Operations
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Description: Counsel, Cable Legal Operations will be responsible for providing guidance, direction, and assistance to various Comcast business units related to infrastructure transactions. Position responsibilities include negotiation of various agreements and transactions with business clients, including responses to RFPs/RFIs issued by federal, state and local governments, pole attachment and conduit agreements, joint trench agreements, relocation agreements, IRUs and fiber use agreements as well as supervising outside counsel and consultants on routine matters related to infrastructure transactions. The candidate should have a strong transaction background with experience working on complex multi-party transactions. A working knowledge of publicly financed projects, and aspects of regulatory compliance for government contracting is preferred.
- Provides legal counsel in a particular subject area of expertise and/or to a specific business unit or units. Dispenses legal knowledge and expertise impacting business operations. Works closely with front line management and staff.
- Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case. Consults with and supervises outside counsel to develop legal strategies and resolve issues in routine matters.
- Operates with a moderate level of supervision with no direct management responsibilities.
- Carries out/performs duties consistent with strategic plans and directives as determined by more senior level management and attorneys.
- Consistent exercise of sound judgment and discretion in all matters.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a law firm, in-house or government legal department. Experience drafting and negotiating infrastructure agreements and in negotiations with public utilities and federal, state and/or local governments.
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- In good standing with a state bar (preferably Pennsylvania).
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Experience with public proposal development, bidding processes, negotiations, certification and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and sales personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.