Position: Corporate/Senior Counsel – Securities (depending on level)
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Description: This position will provide legal advice and support for Harley-Davidson, Inc on: (i) public company securities, disclosure, and corporate governance matters; (ii) commercial and litigation matters supporting Finance, Communications, Strategy, and Information Services teams; and (iii) other legal matters according to the company’s needs and the attorneys skills and capabilities.
This attorney will work with legal and business personnel on public company matters and required SEC filings, including responsibilities for preparation and filing of the company’s proxy statement, reports on Form 8-K, Section 16 filings, Regulation FD compliance, preparation of forward-looking statements and disclaimers, Annual Report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, periodic legal support for investor relations, and related securities and corporate governance matters.
This attorney may also perform corporate secretarial functions for H-D subsidiaries. This role will report to the Company’s Chief Legal Officer, Assistant General Counsel, or appropriate Legal Director overseeing public company work. This attorney will oversee and manage the work of the Corporate Governance Lead, and delegate work to and manage outside legal counsel.
The attorney will also work with business personnel and negotiate, draft, and provide legal advice on a wide array of commercial agreements and matters, including technology licenses and software-as-a-service agreements, supplier agreements, real estate transactions, aviation-related agreements, data analytics agreements, travel and entertainment agreements, and professional services agreements.
Contact: Erica Leezer – email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required.
- Qualified candidates will be licensed to practice law in the United States, a member in good standing with a State bar, and the ability to become a member of the Wisconsin State bar.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of related experience with at least three years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department. Strong commercial drafting and negotiation skills and/or strong public company disclosure and reporting experience is required. In addition, they will have demonstrated the following:
- High level of integrity, excellent judgment, analytical skills, and ability to identify all relevant issues.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including good listening skills) and the ability to achieve positive outcomes through influence.
- Ability to lead and/or work well in a team environment. Demonstrates organization, planning and research skills.
- Ability to provide sound legal advice that is responsive to the business needs of Harley-Davidson, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a deadline driven environment while managing multiple, competing priorities and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to clients’ needs consistent with corporate strategies and objectives. Appreciation and awareness of the legal/business interface.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic work environment.
- Some travel will be required.