Company: LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group
Position: Corporate Counsel
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Description: The Corporate Counsel position will provide legal support to the LexisNexis Risk Solution’s Insurance business, which is a global provider of data and analytics products and services to the insurance industry. The legal team collaborates with the business in executing on the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. The position will require independently advising the business on matters requiring developed legal and counseling skills in multiple areas of expertise, specifically in the areas of contract negotiation, regulatory and compliance review and litigation support.
As a member of the insurance legal team, you have the opportunity to work, collaborate and engage with not only the U.S. legal team, but your colleagues supporting the rest of the globe all focused on one strategic vision to create, develop and provide the most skilled, efficient and effective legal support to our clients and assisting them in meeting and exceeding their objectives.
- Prepare, analyze and negotiate complex legal documents as part of a project team with senior attorneys and management.
- Advise clients on legal and compliance requirements related to insurance products and solutions.
- Identify issues, conduct legal research, analyze the law, prepare memoranda, and advise internal clients regarding complex issues requiring developed skills in specified areas of expertise.
- Provide customer dispute resolution and litigation support.
- Respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers and other third parties.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the assigned business units. Develop strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
- Assist more senior attorneys and management in higher level matters, as needed.
- Support M&A transactions, through due diligence, deal negotiation and integration phases.
- All other duties as assigned.
Contact: Lauren Hutchinsonlauren.email@example.com
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school required.
- Active license to practice law.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong legal analytical and research skills required.
- Experience in data, technology, and/or insurance contracting and legal and compliance matters is preferred.