Position: Corporate Counsel, Employment Law
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Description: We are seeking an experienced employment law attorney to join VMware’s legal team as Corporate Counsel, Employment Law. The successful candidate will join a fun and hard-working team of global employment attorneys who work closely with Human Resources, Employee Relations and Global Ethics and Compliance to drive global consistency in VMware’s relationship with its employees, while ensuring compliance with applicable laws. This position will be based in Palo Alto, CA, and will report to the Director and Assistant General Counsel, Americas Employment Lead.
Your responsibilities include:
- Help provide practical and business-oriented legal advice to Human Resources and the business regarding all aspects of the employer/employee relationship including, hiring, performance management, discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, restrictive covenants, leaves and accommodations, compensation and benefits, reductions-in-force, contractor issues, and diversity and inclusion;
- Provide employment law support in connection with mergers & acquisitions including due diligence and post-close integration;
- Provide support with regard to interpretation and enforcement of sales commission plans;
- Respond to attorney demand letters and agency matters, including government-initiated inquiries and audits;
- Manage and partner with outside counsel in employment litigation matters; negotiate separation agreements;
- Provide counsel on various human resources policies and programs, including diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Participate in global projects and initiatives, as needed.
Contact: Christine Kapaklis
We are seeking a forward-thinking, strategic, broad-based business attorney, who demonstrates the following:
- You hold a JD from an accredited U.S. law school and are a member in good standing of a U.S. State bar
- You have a proven track record in-house with a multinational corporation
- 8-10 years specializing in US employment law.
- You possess excellent negotiating, drafting, and influencing skills, and are an excellent communicator and trainer.
- You love to collaborate with colleagues to achieve a shared goal.
- You are a strong critical thinker who possesses excellent business sense and judgment
- You are committed to driving diversity and inclusion through the advice you provide.
- You are a practical and enthusiastic problem-solver who is confident, mature, flexible and calm under fire and can work independently in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- You are able to connect the dots to provide advice that considers the context and unintended consequences as well as the specific legal issue at hand.
- You have a passion for employment law and keep up to date on developments.
- You are a well-rounded, engaging and personable individual with a sense of humor who encourages others and provides thought leadership for a growing technology business.
- You demonstrate the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- In-house employment law experience
- Some international employment law experience
- Some immigration experience
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Please apply by clicking: http://bit.ly/R1916105