Position: Corporate Counsel
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Role and Responsibility
- Work with the company’s global Sourcing & Operations staff, the Director & Assistant General Counsel for Sourcing and Procurement, and other VMware Legal teammates to negotiate procurement transactions, and develop and maintain improved and efficient company procurement contracting processes, including contract templates, playbooks and training.
- Support VMware’s legal and business initiatives to streamline and scale the ways that it manages its procurement contracting globally and negotiates vendor agreements.
- Handle a variety of special projects as needed, including developing business efficiencies, and assisting other members of our legal team with transactions and the development of templates, playbooks and training across the company’s many technology and other sales businesses.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
Contact: Christine Kapaklis, email@example.com
- 7 or more years of experience with a leading law firm, as in-house counsel, or both – drafting, negotiating and managing commercial transactions across a variety of technology and/or services agreements, including some experience with global data privacy regulation.
- Record of excellence and leadership in past jobs and academics, and of enthusiasm for learning.
- Strong business acumen, including ability to exercise good judgment about sensible business risks.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced business that strongly values teamwork and excellence, as well as execution, customers, community, and utmost integrity.Must also be able to work independently and creatively as a problem-solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills – including ability to collaborate with, train and influence a wide variety of legal and business colleagues.
- Active bar membership in a jurisdiction in which VMware operates.
- Experience in-house, with procurement, both U.S. and global transactions, and scalable operations in global businesses is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to be based in Bellevue, Washington, is preferred.
H1B sponsorship is not available for this position
Please apply to the role by clicking: http://bit.ly/R1905539