Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Director, Compliance (PIMS Compliance)
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential Investment Management Services LLC (“PIMS”) is seeking an experienced leader to serve as Compliance Director, reporting to PIMS’ Chief Compliance Officer. PIMS is an SEC-registered broker-dealer and FINRA member firm, within Prudential Financial, Inc. PIMS serves as underwriter, wholesaler, placement agent, and retailer of investment products manufactured and sold by multiple Prudential businesses, including those of PGIM (Prudential’s global investment management business), Prudential Retirement and Group Insurance. PIMS operates primarily in the institutional market distributing mutual funds, ETFs, group variable products, commercial paper, private funds, and certain Retirement products. The Director will support the PIMS CCO in overseeing and executing strategic initiatives, as well as day-to-day broker-dealer compliance matters across the Prudential enterprise. An important part of the role will be to develop and enhance the compliance program’s effectiveness in accordance with regulatory expectations and evolving best practices. The Director will work directly with both the PIMS CCO, PIMS president and operating committee.
- Minimum of 10 years of legal and/or compliance or related experience, primarily broker-dealer related.
- Thorough knowledge of the broker-dealer business from a product, corporate governance, compliance, and administrative perspective. Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory framework for the marketing and distribution of registered funds.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FINRA rules and regulations (including advertising rules), and other state and federal securities laws and rules applicable to broker-dealer operations.
- Familiarity with ETF regulation and ETF compliance programs a plus.
- Familiarity with marketing review programs for non-U.S. based mutual fund products such as UCITS.
- Significant experience with initiating, developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and written supervisory procedures governing broker-dealer activities.
- Proven communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal) sufficient to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to interpret rules, analyze complex issues, and explain as needed to the business.
- Ability to reach sound judgments and act quickly under tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities.
- Creative and strategic approach to problem solving and change management.
- Proven analytical and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Juris Doctor Preferred.
- Series 7 and 24 required.