Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Compliance Director – ANT0000S (Anti-Money Laundering)
Location: Newark, NJ
Description: Prudential seeks a highly skilled and motivated professional for the role of Compliance Manager within the Anti-Money Laundering Unit for the company’s U.S. businesses. This person will be responsible for performing Anti-Money Laundering and sanctions-related reviews including: suspicious activity investigations and monitoring, customer risk assessment, and enhanced customer due diligence. The individual will also be responsible for drafting suspicious activity reports and coordinating their review through to filing. In addition, this individual will be expected to perform Anti-Money Laundering or OFAC compliance projects as needed, including, for example, projects related to AML/Fraud/Cybercrime investigation, AML/OFAC systems, etc. This individual will report to a Director within the Anti-Money Laundering Unit. The qualified candidate must be able to exercise prudent judgment and discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues relating to Anti-Money Laundering or OFAC compliance and must be able to manage through work flow challenges that may arise in response to meeting business stakeholder needs. The candidate should possess experience in people management and be able to demonstrate a positive and professional demeanor when interacting with other business and compliance units throughout the enterprise.
- Minimum of four years of anti-money laundering or fraud experience.
- Understanding of money laundering and sanctions laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance, Annuities, Mutual funds, and/or retail Broker/Dealer products and transactions a plus.
- Experience in the drafting of Suspicious Activity Reports a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills with a high attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and discretion in identifying and resolving problems/issues.
- Ability to manage cases independently with minimal supervision.
- People management experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills – adaptability to new systems a plus.
- Highly motivated and organized self-starter with the ability to concurrently handle multiple tasks required.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management required.
- Must be adaptable to changing responsibilities to meet the needs of the unit.
- Must be able to act as both an effective team member and an individual contributor as circumstances dictate.
- BA or BS Degree required.
- CAMS or CFE certification a plus.