Company: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Position: Compliance Director – ANN000S5 (Annuities & ILI Compliance)
Location: Shelton, CT
Description: The ISG Compliance Department is seeking a candidate to provide compliance support to the Annuities Product group. The ideal candidate for this position has insurance Product Development compliance experience, possesses strong operational skills, business analytical capabilities, and the ability to drive results to meet deliverables. They also have a deep understanding of Prudential’s variable annuity products and the current regulatory environment for annuities. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing compliance advice to business partners regarding the practical application of laws and regulations to the development and maintenance of annuity products and issues related to in-force annuities and annuity sales. The candidate’s responsibilities will have a focus on annuity products and transaction monitoring as well as potential leadership opportunities and visibility with the Annuities leadership team. The candidate should be able to work independently and make decisions in a fast paced and changing environment. Strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are needed, as well as tolerance for shifting responsibilities and priorities. This position will give the successful candidate broad exposure to internal clients and corporate partners. This position will be based in Shelton, CT with some limited travel.
- Minimum 6-8 years Annuities compliance experience; commensurate experience in marketing compliance, risk management, audit, business operations, fintech/digital, marketing, product development or other relevant professional experience considered
- Experience with annuities products required
- Ability to research and problem solve complex issues related to products
- Provide direct monitoring of transactions and timely feedback to business partners
- Assist in the completion of compliance risk assessments
- Provide ongoing training to business partners
- Stay abreast of industry developments related to annuities products
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills, including the ability to interact and influence multiple levels of business management
- Self-motivated with strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A conscientious, detail-oriented nature
- Ability to collaborate across business units, corporate, and control functions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred