Company: Frost Brown Todd LLC
Position: Chief Diversity Officer
Location: Ann Arbor, MI; Charleston, WV; Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Florence, KY; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Lexington, KY; Louisville, KY; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Washington, D.C., or West Chester, OH
Description: Frost Brown Todd LLC, a full-service law firm of 1000+ legal professionals and staff in fifteen markets, is seeking an experienced Chief Diversity Officer to join our firm. This position leads the development, implementation, coordination, and assessment of proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in support of the firm’s strategic plan.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Contributing thought leadership to the development and implementation of innovative systems, processes, initiatives, and policies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the firm.
- Collaborating with firm leaders, including the Diversity and Inclusion Committee and Women’s Initiative Steering Committee, to promote best practices and identifying barriers to increase the hiring, retention, and advancement of the firm’s diverse talent.
- Monitoring the utilization and career progression of diverse lawyers in the firm, reviewing performance evaluations of diverse associates to identify biases/need for bias interrupters; and conducting or overseeing stay interviews and exit interviews of all diverse attorneys and sharing themes with the Chief Legal Talent Officer and firm leadership.
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Finance Departments to draft, manage, and respond to diversity surveys, request for proposals, client diversity plans, and diversity-related client requests.
- Coordinating with the Marketing Department and firm leadership on possible client partnerships advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Developing and leading the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion training, educational programming, workshops, seminars, and retreats. Conducting diversity, equity, and inclusion training for all new hires on a regular basis.
- Building relationships with lawyers and business professionals, national thought leaders on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and clients to learn and share diversity best practices and partner with them on diversity-related programs and initiatives.
- Serving in leadership positions on high-profile diversity and inclusion boards. Attending and speaking at leading diversity conferences and facilitate relationships between individuals at the firm and leading diversity organizations.
- Directing and managing regular communication of the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives and progress internally and externally.
- Preparing and managing the annual Diversity & Inclusion budget.
Contact: Apply for Chief Diversity Officer using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c65bb879-0106-458b-ba3a-1d1c1287115f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=409716&lang=en_US&source=CC4
- Bachelor’s degree is required; JD is strongly preferred.
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
- Proven diversity, equity, and inclusion leadership experience within a law firm or professional services organization.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies focused on building a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superior presentation skills.
- Budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated success building trust and collaborating with leaders at all levels.
- Track record of participation in leadership development programs is preferred.
- A history of participation in civic, charitable, political, and/or community activities.
- Superior judgment and ability to deal discreetly with highly confidential information.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability, among others.
- Ability to understand unconscious bias and its effect on recruiting and hiring.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels within the firm.