Description: Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Global Trade Compliance-Sanctions. This position will play a key role advising on Facebook’s sanctions compliance program, as well as providing legal support for our broader trade compliance initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Counsel and advise on activities relating to U.S. and international sanctions regimes
- Assist in the design and implementation of company-wide compliance programs and initiatives, including compliance policies, processes and training
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Public Policy, Human Resources, Product, and Finance to coordinate compliance programs and initiatives
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed
- J.D. degree with membership in at least one US state bar.
- 8+ years of experience with U.S. sanctions regulations and EU sanctions regulations at a law firm or in-house with a multinational corporation
- Presentation and communication experience
- Experience with legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
- A mix of both law firm and in-house experience
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.